Transfer of Membership

Q. Can I ever sell my timeshare?
A. Yes, once you are the legal member of your timeshare week, you may sell it at any given time. All outstanding loan balances and maintenance fees must be current prior to selling your timeshare week.
Q. How do I transfer my timeshare?
A. You have to complete and submit the notarized form and send to the resort stating that you are requesting a transfer of membership from you to the prospective buyer. Be sure to complete all required fields on the form.
Q. How long does it take to transfer my timeshare?
A. As soon as the resort receives the required documents and verifies that all loan balances and maintenance fees are current, the transfer is processed. This takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete upon receipt of documents.
Q. How can a third party obtain information about the transfer title?
A. For third party or Title Transfer Companies, the resort requires a Power Of Attorney from the member authorizing or appointing individual or company to obtain any and all information pertaining to their membership with the resort.
Q. How does the new timeshare member know that the transfer is completed?
A. The resort sends the new club membership agreement to the new timeshare member.
Q. How much is the transfer fee?
A. The transfer fee is the cost the resort charges to transfer the membership from one party to another. The transfer fee is $285.00 and is subject to change.
Q. What type of mailing service should I use?
A. For prompt and reliable delivery, it is advisable to use UPS, FedEx or DHL. Be sure to have your tracking number so that you can track your mail. For expedited delivery of the new club membership agreement, enclose a paid return UPS, FedEx or DHL
Q. Where do I send my transfer request?
A. The request should be sent to the Royal Islander Club, Rhine Road 1, Maho Bay, St. Maarten.

Transfer Request form

Click to open in new window or right-click to download to your computer.
Contract Department
Royal Islander Club
Rhine Road, St Maarten
Phone: +1-721-545-2388 ext 305
Fax +1-721-545-2563